Saturday, March 26, 2011

Manicures, iPads & Hockey

Yesterday my friend the roller derby girl gave me a shellac manicure. It's so pretty and shiny, even on my clipped shorty-short nails. Tonight at work though, something in the
skin prep wipes I use made my right thumb nail really dull. I keep wiping it with alcohol, but whatever it was ate the top layer of polish off, I think. Bummer.

I'm composing this entry on my new iPad using the touch screen keypad. My wrists are getting sore since I have to hold my fingers up to see where I'm touching since there's no sensory input for where you fingers actually hit. I bought the iPad on eBay, took the chance because the seller was very close and the price was very good. There is a scratch on the screen, but I'm hoping when the Invisible Shield goes on the scratch will disappear. The seller did disclose it in the auction listing, it's only a tiny bit worse than the auction led me to believe. All in all I'm pretty happy with it since I only paid $257 for an $800 piece of electronic equipment I'd been trying to convince myself I didn't really need. It's pretty. In every way. My kids are each going to want one next.

Today is the first practice of spring hockey. It's Dids' first day as a Pee Wee, let the checking begin. Most of the team is first year Pee Wees. I think there are only 3 on the team who played this level in the fall. Scott got roped into basically coaching the Squirt team as well since none of the dads stepped up to volunteer. I wonder if any of them can even skate. Jeff, the owner of the arena is officially the "head coach," but he told Scott he doesn't think he's going to get on the ice today and asked Scott to be there at 1 for Squirt practice. I guess it's extra ice time for Dids. He's going to be a tired boy after 2 hour and a half practices today. He could use the practice though, maybe it will improve his stick handling. He's still a little unsure of himself there and can't turn on his jets and skate around anyone with the puck.

No comments:

Post a Comment